Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Whole-lly Moley

I made my first trip to Whole Foods Market today.

Wow!

Wow about the produce...Wow about the fish and meat markets...Wow about the bakery...Wow about all the prepared foods, they smelled incredible...and Wow about the price!

I bought 31 items and my total was $99. Thank goodness I had a list! Not a trip I plan to make every week, but in my opinion, worth the drive every 4-6 weeks for a few specialty items. Here are some new things I'm going to try...

brocollini
cashew butter and almond butter
almond milk
quinoa
blackberries
whole wheat pasta & couscous
lentils

I was a little disappointed with their cottage cheese selection. Seriously they had like 2 small container choices...my Kroger has at least 4-5 options in size or fat % or curd size. I was looking for a specific brand that is no salt added. I'll try the Publix down the street.

The smell in the Beauty Care section was like the reception area of a spa. And that reminded me of my 30 pounds lost reward...scheduling a massage for myself. Only 4 more pounds to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment